How to be a fashionista in Pakistan
Buy Glamour, Cosmopolitan, Vogue Magazines and just follow the new trends from A-Z [the fact that full leather boots might be tad too much in karachi winters, but then who-the-cares?
Wear designer. No matter what happens under the sun and the moon. [if its fake but looks real all the better]
Have manicures and pedicures like no one's business. People may be dying, there may be curfew in cities, TTP might be just around the corner – the hell with everything, the fashion cannot wait!!
Don large sun-glasses – the larger and tackier the more noticed you'd be – even at night 🙂
Have a Hand sanitizer in your bag at all times to ward off the germs that swarm the never-developing country you're fluttering in.
Visit local designer outlets and buy till you die.
Make sure you get in GT or Sunday magazine – with an inane smile and a plastic barbie doll pose – at least once every three months.
Talk in ENGLUSH…. Whaat??
Carry the most expensive cell phone, the bigger the better for size does matter. You will only be using its .0009% of its capacity is besides the point.
- Be on the phone for like forever, and say 'like',errr.. like forever!
- Attend every 'happening' wedding – by hook or by crook.
- If you're lucky to be in lahore; don the jewels – for nothing does it like BLING in this city of the 'diamond market'.
- Own a collection of 'very expensive Shatoos, Kashmiri,
- Always be on some fad diet – dukan, atkins, south beach, water/green tea, de-tox
- Talk about a 'popular' book – having read the tome is not a pre-requiste
- Do or talk YOGA, PILATES, ZUMBA, blah blah blah
- Hop on the band wagon of 'new-age' philosphers…
- Be on facebook all the time
- Wear coral lipstick
- Reveal all
- Have a list (written/typed) for the things you want in a future mate, MONEY being the first, second and the last
- Be seen – by all and sundry
- Be on breaking news – at least try
- Bitch like there's is no tomorrow
- Use lip balm
- Have an I-pad and carry it with you everwhere, even to the loo
- Pretend you belong to a group of friends, even if is the flooziet of all
- Flutter your false eye lashes
- Drink alcohol and get drunk
- Smoke – the fact that it may kill you and those around you is sooooo not to be thought of
- Always carry illachi or some pan masala in ur bag and munch on it continously – why bother with mouth cancer inducing ingredients 🙂
- Abuse…in urdu
- Go out to eat always
- Laugh out loud, or giggle in groups
- Take xanax or lexotanil…whenever you feel flustered
- Rave about your husband..even if he ia loser, especially if he is a loser
BUT DON"T EVER THINK